Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Day Job - Librarian

I am a Librarian by education and experience. I graduated in June 2008 with a Masters in Library and Information Science (MLIS) through a 3 year online program at the University of Washington iSchool. I have worked at the Bozeman Public Library in Bozeman, Montana since May of 2004 in many different capacities. I began there as a full-time shelver and am now a substitute librarian. The great thing about being a substitute is that I can work in every department of the library and get to do a little bit of everything. The downside is the hours are irregular and sans benefits.

As a librarian I find books for readers. As a bookseller I find readers for books.

Reading In Montana began as two college students (my husband and I) passing on books we no longer had room for in our apartment. In June 2007 we began to purchase and sell books on a regular basis; 2008 was our first full year on Amazon.com; and now in 2009 we are concentrating on growing our business once again. We focus on providing excellent service, honesty, and quality books and other media to our customers. Our 100% Feedback rating shows how much importance we place on customer service.

Because I'm a librarian, as well as a reader and a bookseller I really enjoy helping other people find the books and information they are looking for.  So if you are looking for a particular book, don't hesitate to send us an email at ReadingInMontana@gmail.com.  I can quickly look to see if we have the title, and if not can help you look elsewhere on Amazon or online for what you are seeking. 

Always happy to help - Catherine @ Reading In Montana

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?