Thursday, April 2, 2009

When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris

Today I finished reading "When You Are Engulfed in Flames" by David Sedaris.  I actually had this book on hold at my public library since before it came out in June 2008 but I didn't get my hands on it until about a week ago.  I always enjoy Sedaris' dark humor and visual grossness.  What other author would describe in detail an expedition to buy his boyfriend a human skeleton for a birthday gift, only to have the skeleton whisper truths about mortality "You are going to die." from its prominent location on the ceiling in the bedroom?   

If you enjoy Sedaris as I do, you might want to try Ginnetta Correli who wrote The Lost Episodes of Beatie Scareli."  There is a lot of family disfunction here as well.

Catherine @ Reading In Montana

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?